Thursday, February 7, 2008

I bought a bunny




I did it. I bought a new car.




And oh my goodness, it is beautiful. She just kinda... takes your breath away. It's a black 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit, manual transmission, 4-door, with all manner of bells and whistles Namely, a sunroof.
Rest in peace, Beige Wonder. We had some great times together. Now maybe... maybe you can bring someone else the joy you brought me. Also, BW, thanks for fetching $400 more at the dealer than you did at Carmax. It was like you were saying, "Andrea, I know our time together is through. But let me help you... just one last time."

*sniff*

But boy howdy, the new ride is a piece of work. She is so much fun to drive. After coming home last night I kept walking back into the kitchen to look out the window and make sure she was still there, parked all snug and peaceful behind the apartment. I feel like a new parent... in a very lame way. I just want to dress her up in frilly little things (for example, Hello Kitty floor mats, courtesy of Emily) and take her out to show her off. And wash your hands before you touch her, you don't know where those hands have been!!!
I'm so used to driving a bare-minimum kind of car, I hardly know what to do with myself. Power windows? What? Air conditioning? Such excess! Doors that lock from the inside AND the outside... AND with the push of a button? Get OUT of here!!! But I've got all the time in the world to get used to that.
I just want to go drive now.

1 comment:

mcali1981 said...

Congrats, my dear! I can't wait to ride in it in July! We're gonna be pimpin'. ;) Love ya!!!!!