Wednesday, March 12, 2008

catch up

Sometimes, when I'm driving to work, I see daddies walking their little kids to school or waiting for the bus with them. It always makes me happy. There is something special about fathers doing things with their children-- even the menial tasks such as waiting for the bus.

In other news, I'm going to the ATL for a few days next week for a conference. Most, if not all, of the other fellows from my program will be there (obviously including Missy, who works with me). It will be nice to catch up with them and see how their year has been.

One of my best friends, Jamie, will be visiting me next weekend. I can't wait to see her. I've missed my Ohio people a lot lately. I've really missed all my little nieces and nephews, too. I'm okay with being away from grown ups, because things don't change too much with your closest friends. But being away from the kids is just a bummer. They're only little for so long....

On that note, I'd like to give a warm welcome to little Ellah, who was born this morning at 4:30 to my old friend Tamar. Welcome to the world, babe. You're gonna love it.

Another thing on the menu today: this evening I'm scheduled for my first haircut since July. Big thrills, here. I'm not even getting a lot of it cut off, so honestly, why am I writing about it?

That's all for now.

No comments: