Thursday, December 13, 2007

Another year of being fabulous

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

On this day, December the thirteenth, in the year of our Lord nineteen-hundred eighty-three,
*ahem* I was born.

Other December 13 birthdays of note:
Dick Van Dyke
Christopher Plummer
Jamie Foxx
Ted Nugent
Taylor Swift

The other EID fellow working in my lab, Missy, made me Funfetti cupcakes and decorated my cubicle with pop-up post-it notes. She had bought these off-brand pop-up post-its earlier, and they neither stuck to anything, nor accepted ink very well. We wondered aloud what we could do with the rest of the post-its. Someone suggested that they might be good for decorating purposes if they were sort of stretched out (since with these post-its, the opposite ends of each alternating piece of paper are glued together). They had potential. But alas, these indeed being made of off-brand adhesive, they fell apart. So by the time I got to work this morning (Missy arrives earlier than I do), the decorations had fallen apart and my desk was just plain covered in yellow post-its.

She also bought me a gift: Post-it brand pop-up post-it notes, and a dispenser.

Today is a very good day.

No comments: