Wednesday, January 2, 2008

little miss cheapie-pants

I guess I'm going to have to break down and connect the internets to my computer at home. I'd been trying to see how long I could go without having it connected, and just getting by on using the internet at work, checking email on my cell phone, and the odd YouTube video watched on my roommate's laptop. Because I'm just that cheap.

The difference now is that I have a shiny new iPod ... that I can't use. Because it requires me to have the latest version of iTunes ... and my sorry little iTunes v6.4 or whatever isn't going to make the cut. So, I can't even load my old music on it, much less buy anything new. I guess we all have to loosen up the ol' purse strings at some point.

I've been playing with my new digital sketchpad. I think it's going to take a bit more time and practice before I'll draw much worth posting online. What I've made so far really resembles the sketching style I had back in early high school, so maybe I can get used to the mechanics enough to be able to match the kind of drawings I make on paper these days.

It's hard to coordinate seeing the image on the screen alone when you're used to being able to see exactly what's going on at the end of the pen. I've always had this bad habit of really leaning up close to the paper when I'm drawing (enough so that my parents used to worry that I needed glasses-- I didn't), and I guess that'd be a pretty fruitless endeavor now. Stupid ergonomics.

No comments: