Tuesday, January 15, 2008

retinal damage

I'll admit it-- I've been sitting here for a long time, really determined to write something. It's not like I don't have anything substantial to think about, but nothing in my brain is able to get past the "Is this appropriate? Is this interesting?" filter and onto the weblog.

When I search my mind for something to write about, I always get dragged into some existential quicksand trap in my head. I start to throw myself odd questions about what life really means, and do any of my mental journeys have a point? (which they usually don't.)

And I wonder how long I've been staring at this computer screen, reading news articles and blogs and webcomics and Facebook profiles. My head hurts. I'm chipping away at my years left of good eyesight with every hour I spend frying my retinas with the screen. I'm gonna go home and find red, bloodshot spots in my eyes.

We all just want to be understood.

No comments: