Friday, April 25, 2008

The AMNS is currently inducting new members.

Andrea's Marathon Nap Society had an ad hoc meeting yesterday.

In order to be a member of the AMNS, one must take naps that fulfill at least five of the following eight categories each:

1.) Start time: after work or school. End time: past midnight
2.) Total nap duration: >5 hours
3.) Evening plans entirely slept through
4.) At least one missed call/text with message that contains the phrase "call me when you get this"
5.) Frequency of Marathon Nap must not exceed 2 per week. That's too far, dude.
6.) Upon conclusion of nap, bedtime rituals commence and bed is re-inhabited in a time frame not to exceed one hour
7.) Nap taken in work/school clothes (possibly including shoes)
8.) Roommate/family/friends ask if you're feeling okay

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oooh, I think I qualify! Do I get a membership card? A secret decoder ring? Or maybe a sleep-mask with the AMNS seal of approval emblazoned on the front??

mcali1981 said...

Yep, I definitely qualify....how do I join? Ha ha ;)