Friday, November 7, 2008

can't complain...

I'm sorta glad I got this research business out of my system before I committed to something deadly like graduate school.

(side note: i AM planning to go to grad school next fall, but the program i'm doing is NOT research-based.)

Someone in the lab made a great analogy to research in science as opposed to other kinds of research-based graduate studies.

"It's just like going into the library to do your research, except the books are all out of order and have no labels."

Some days I just don't have the energy to use my brain. My ASM presentation is tomorrow, and I can not wait to get that over with. Then I'm taking the GRE next Saturday. I'm only SLIGHTLY mentally occupied.

You may have noticed that I abruptly quit posting about match.com.

That is because I abruptly quit using match.com.

Why is that? Well, I'm glad you asked.

It's because I don't want any more matches.

Because I found one. Or rather, he found me.

And for now, that's all I have to say about that. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, damn. Now you're going to get all boring and complacent like me. Plus I really wanted OkCupid to make it happen for you, mostly because I'm sick of seeing those lame match.com commercials with the randomly laughing people.