Thursday, November 29, 2007

Making a difference

Most of us say to ourselves, at one time or another, that we want to make a difference.

I wonder how many of us ever come to a point where we feel we're making a difference. A significant difference-- significant enough to satisfy whatever urge it was that led us to desire such results from our life in the first place.

I'm pretty sure there's no standard rubric for knowing when you've done the right thing with your life and when you haven't. Once I might've said that you could probably just plain know when you were doing the right thing, but honestly-- I find that a lot of people seem to know a something or other that just plain happens to be untrue.

Well, crap, there's a big can of worms right there. Maybe I don't want to go down that road.

I wonder if any of us will ever really know if we made a difference, or if we'll just convince ourselves that we did the best we could (even if we didn't), and simply have to be content with that.

Wait, I think I just described life.

No comments: